Honors and Awards
- Best paper award, International Conference on Automated Knowledge Base Construction (AKBC) 2021.
- Best reviewer award at the International Conference on Uncertainty in Artificial Intelligence (UAI) 2021.
- Best reviewer award at the International Conference on Learning Representations (ICLR) 2021.
- NEC First-Grade Contribution Award: Graph-based relational learning, 2019.
- NEC Outstanding Patent Award: Acceleration of neural networks using depth-firstprocessing, 2019.
- Best poster award, International Conference on Medical Imaging with Deep Learning (MIDL), 2018.
- Outstanding paper award honorable mention (4 out of 1400 submissions), Conference on Artificial Intelligence (AAAI), 2014
- Participant of the 2nd Heidelberg Laureate Forum, 2014.
- Best paper award, International Joint Conference on Natural Language Processing (IJCNLP), 2011
- Exceptional paper (top 4% of submissions), Conference on Artificial Intelligence (AAAI), 2010
- Best paper award, Extended Semantic Web Conference (ESWC), 2010
- Google Best PhD Forum award (for supervisee Rim Helaoui), IEEE International Conference on Pervasive Computing and Communications (PerCom), 2010
- Best student paper runner-up award, Conference on Uncertainty in Artificial Intelligence (UAI), 2008
- Principal Investigator: Distributed Particle-Based Inference in Probabilistic Knowledge Bases (with co-PI Heiner Stuckenschmidt), Google Faculty Research Award, USD 60,000, 2012-2014
- Principal Investigator: LinkedHumanities - Linking and Populating the Digital Humanities (with second PI Colin Allen), DFG/NEH Bilateral Research Grant, USD 350,000, 2012-2014
- Several successful grant proposals with Prof. Allen for the InPhO project without being co-PI